I doubt anyone will be surprised that sports and no alcohol are good for us. Sports and alcohol are like day and night.
Let’s look at the areas in which sports benefit us and protect us:
- maintains our optimum weight
- benefits the muscles, bones and protects us against osteoporosis
- after food there are no inflammatory conditions that can lead to atherosclerosis
- can prevent diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, locomotor system diseases and a number of tumors
- contributes to increased mental well-being, reduces stress and anxiety
- helps rest and quality sleep
And let’s see! They are almost exactly the same things that alcohol is destroying or expose us to a higher risk:
- contributes to overweight, and consequently to other civilization illnesses
- increases the risk of cardiovascular disease
- increases the risk of digestive tract tumors
- heats the liver and causes liver disease (cirrhosis, pancreatic inflammation)
- it causes drowsiness and numbness, but it brings a shallow and poor sleep
Do you know what is the main factor that will prevent you from regular exercising? Alcohol. Being smoking will also do its own. Drinking alcohol takes a lot of time, among other things. As soon as a person stops drinking or significantly reduces their consumption, an unexpected space opens up to new activities that often involve sports and movement.
Alcohol and sport are not just what is bad or good for us. They are interconnected vessels – the more you put yourself into the life of one, the less space remains to the other.
Runners, fond of beer, please do not hate me. I also recall the conclusion of my fastest half-marathon, where during the last two kilometers I only had the vision of a depleted pint. But I did not drink a bottle of wine for the three months of the half-marathon training.
It always ends in one thing: what we want most in life and what we most value.
You might be interested in a free eBook: Ebook: 3 návyky pro štíhlou postavu